Colorbök offers a variety of quality casting compounds to help you express your creativity. Follow these tips to get the most out of your plaster casting kit.
- Tap water is fine to use if you have soft water at home. Hard water and mineral water can prevent the plaster from drying completely.
- If you have hard water at home, use distilled water instead.
- Add small amounts of water at a time, stirring in-between.
- Room temperature affects the drying time. Plaster dries more slowly in colder temperatures.
- It takes 15-20 minutes for the plaster to set, depending on room temperature.
- Wait 2-3 hours for the plaster to cure completely before handling or painting.